- International development studies and human rights
- Masculinity research
- Transnational feminist theory
- Narrative criminology
- Symbolic interactionism
- Guest Researcher at Center for Gender & Sexuality Law på Columbia University Law School i New York (Spring 2015).
- M.A in human geography, University of Oslo and University of California Berkeley (2004-2010).
- Projectleadership and entrepreneurship, KaosPilot University (2000-2004)
- Political editor in the feminist magazine Fett (2011)
- Columnist, Dagsavisen (2009 –d.d)
- Program advisor, Forum for women and development (2009-2010)
- Women’s coordinator, Amnesty International Norway (2007-2009)
- Editorial assistant in the feminist magazine Fett (2005-2007)
- Prosject leader, Norwegian Church Aid (2003-2004)
The Geography of Rape: Spaces of Shame and Risk (2010), master thesis in human geography, Department of sociology and human geography, University of Oslo.
- Bitsch, Anne & Klemetsen, Marit Elisabeth (2017). The legal grading of sexual citizenship: sentencing practices in Norwegian rape cases. Gender, Place & Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography. ISSN 0966-369X. 24(2), s 174- 188 . doi: 10.1080/0966369X.2017.1298572