- Gender, media and journalism
- Gender relations and culture in organizations
- Gender based violence, cyber violence & street harassment
- Qualitative and quantitative research
- Dec. 2016 - PhD in the area of Humanities in the discipline of Cultural Studies, SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Poland.
- Feb. 2009 Diploma of Postgraduate Gender Studies, Polish Academy of Sciences, Institute of Literary Research, Warsaw, Poland
- Feb. 2007 MBA (Master of Business Administration for Financiers). Kozmiński University, AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA accredited, Warsaw, Poland
- June 2004 MSc. (Master of Science). Physical Oceanography, University of Gdańsk, Gdynia, Poland
- Oct. 2016 - Higher Executive Officer, Researcher in the Female Researchers on Track (FRONT) project, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, University of Oslo, Norway.
- Aug. 2012 - Guest Researcher, Centre for Gender Research, University of Oslo, Norway
- Nov. 2008 - Nov. 2014 - PhD fellow, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Department of Cultural Studies, Specialization: Media Culture, and Communication, SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Poland
- Aug. 2011 - May 2012 - Visiting Fulbright Researcher, Department of Gender and Women’s Studies, Berkeley, University of California, USA
- Aug. 2009 - June 2011 - Guest Researcher, Centre for Gender Research, University of Oslo, Norway
- Dec. 2013 - May 2014 - Junior editor & researcher. Ethnographic study carried out in the capacity of a junior editor on two distinct television programs; life-style morning show and a public affairs evening program. Polish Public Television (TVP S.A.), Warsaw, Poland
- May - July 2011 - Trainee. Gender proofing and revision of standards and recommendations prepared by the Media and Data Protection Division, Directorate of Standard Setting of the Council of Europe. Contributed to initiatives organized by the Division aimed at promoting gender equality in the media. Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France
- Jan. 2008 - July 2009 - Head of the Advertising, Marketing and Communication Department, Polish Public Television (TVP S.A.), Olsztyn, Poland
- Jan. 2005 - Dec. 2007 - Key Account Manager/Sales Representative/Intern, Department of Advertising, Marketing and Communication, Polish Public Television (TVP S.A.), Olsztyn, Poland
Selected research and consultancy experience
- Aug. 2014 – Mar. 2015 - International Research Team Leader and Main Investigator. Quantitative and qualitative media monitoring research carried out for the International Association of Women in Radio and Television. Main investigator for the report “Gender Equality and Social Justice in Public Media.”
- Aug. - Sep. 2011 - External Consultant & Expert on Gender and Media. Drafting of a Recommendation and Addenda amending nine Council of Europe Committee of Ministers Declarations and Recommendations, in order to incorporate a gender equality dimension to them.
- Oct. 2010 - Feb. 2011 - Country Research Team Leader for the project “Defining Gender in the 21st Century. Talking with Women and Men around the World, A Multi-Country Qualitative Study of Gender and Economic Choice”. Work entailed extended field work and qualitative assessment carried out in Poland on gender and economic decision-making to inform the World Development Report on Gender (WDR 2012), World Bank Group, Poland
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Chair, Temporary Working Group on Gender & Media at the NordMedia 2017 – the biannual conference arranged by the Nordic media research associations in cooperation with Nordicom.
- Journal Reviewer: NORA - Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research, The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences
- Member: International Association of Women in Radio and Television (IAWRT), since April 2014; Feminist group Ottar (Norway), since August 2009; Polish Association of Cultural Studies, since August 2009.
- Founding member: European chapter of the Global Alliance on Media and Gender (GAMAG), since June 2015; “Kvinner står sammen. Kobiety Razem” - Polish-Norwegian solidarity group organizing against the rising wave of violations of women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights in Europe, since October 2016.
- Founding member and leader: Hollaback! Poland. Global movement dedicated to ending street harassment, since May 2012.
- Co-producer: Short documentary on women’s reproductive health “Reflecting her”, IAWRT 2016
A. Kwiatkowska, G. Gober et al. (2014). "Culture and coping strategies. Cross-cultural study". Psychologia Społeczne. Special issue: Cultural psychology.
A. Kwiatkowska, G. Gober et al. (2014). "Cultural adaptation of the Cross-Cultural Coping Scale - CCCS". Psychologia Społeczne. Special issue: Cultural psychology.
G. Gober (2012). Commentary on “Sexing the Body Gender Politics and the Construction of Sexuality Anne Fausto-Sterling”. Humana.Mente (22). Special issue: Making Making Sense of Gender, Sex,Race and the Family.
G. Gober (2010). „Gender Identity and Social Changes: Psycho-Social Version of the Active-Audience Approach to Gender Identity Research”. The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, Common Ground Publishing Journals, University of Illinois, USA.
G. Gober (2010). “Gender Idenity and Social Changes: Experiences of Gender Identity”. BULLETINE 2/10, University of Oslo, Norway.
G. Gober (2010). “Post-seminar commentary: Post-colonial Criticism of the Nordic Gender Equality Model”. BULLETINE 2/10, University of Oslo, Norway.Academic Interests
Munoz Boudet, A.M., Petesch, P., Turk, C. (2012). "On Norms and Agency. Conversations about Gender Equality with Women and Men in 20 Countries". International Bank for Reconstruction and Development / The World Bank, Washington DC, USA.
Hermes, J. (2011). "Women and Journalists First. A challenge to media professionals to realize democracy in practice, quality in journalism and an end to gender stereotyping". Steering Committee for Equality Between Men and Women. Gender Equality and Human Dignity Department Justice and Human Dignity Directorate. Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France.
- Gober, Greta (2015). POLITICAL PARALLELISM AND THE CASE OF WOMEN IN MANAGEMENT POSITIONS IN PUBLIC MEDIA IN POLAND. AN ETHNOGRAPHIC STUDY . Communication Papers Media Literacy & Gender Studies. ISSN 2014-6752. 4(7), s 80- 95
- Gober, Greta (2014). Cultural adaptation of Cross-Cultural Coping Scale – CCCS,by Kuo, Roysircar and Newby-Clark. Psychologia Społeczna. ISSN 1896-1800. 9(2) . doi: 10.7366/1896180020142902
- Gober, Greta (2014). Culture, stress and coping strategies. Cross-cultural study. Psychologia Społeczna. ISSN 1896-1800. 9(1) . doi: 10.7366/189618002014280105
- Gober, Greta (2016). Justifying and enacting invisibility of gendered aged bodies in journalistic work in Poland..
- Gober, Greta (2015). GENDER EQUALITY AND SOCIAL JUSTICE IN PUBLIC MEDIA. AN EIGHT COUNTRY REPORT Preliminary Findings .
- Gober, Greta (2015). Gender Equality And Social Justice In Public Media.
- Gober, Greta (2015). Gender Equality and Social Justice in Public Media. MEDIA MONITORING RESEARCH IN EIGHT COUNTRIES ACROSS FOUR CONTINENTS .
- Gober, Greta (2015). Gender equality and social justice in the public media in Poland .
- Gober, Greta (2015). Why are media still masculine? . Dziennik Opinii/ Opinion Daily. ISSN 2391-4688. 163(947)
- Gober, Greta (2015, 18. august). Your media, Our media . [Radio]. On-line Radio www.astute-radio.com.
- Gober, Greta (2014). Gender in a media institution on the example of Polish Public Television (TVP)..