- Bad Seeds: Children, Gender, and Violence in the British and American Novel, 1954-2003
- Epistemic injustice in academia: Class, Race and Gender in feminist knowledge production
- Frozen fertility: Elective Egg Banking among Norwegian Women
- Masculinities and gender equality
- New sexualities - new vulnerabilities?
Find a researcher
Search by name, field of study or research area
See also our research networks
Externally funded research projects
- Images in exile. Gender and representation among Syrian Kurdish women in Norway (MSCA-IF 2017-2019)
- Gender equality, diversity and societal security (NordForsk 2018-2021)
- Likestilling og eksellens i bærekraftig balanse? Kjønn, kjærlighet og kunnskapsbegjær i det kompetitive universitetet (NFR 2019-2022)
- Future Research- and Organizational development in Natural sciences, Technology and Theology – FRONT2 (NFR 2019-2022)
The Center for Gender Research wants to put issues of men and masculinity more clearly on the agenda in gender research, and is therefore launching a new seminar series that discusses masculinity from different perspectives.
Lois McNay argues that contemporary critical theorists have lost touch with critical theory’s initial stance, where theorizing starts from experience. She finds that their overriding concern with justificatory issues means that they fail to produce sociologically grounded accounts of oppression.
This years Oslo Pride theme History focuses on knowledge about the past - why do we really celebrate Pride? STK has created a knowledge resource, that through a number of different contributions, seeks to tell parts of this story.
Many new faces have appeared at STK this year. Read more about Doctoral Research Fellow Maria Louise Hansen, Postdoctoral Fellow Kristin Engh Førde and Postdoctoral Fellow Rebecca Lund, and their research projects.
- Institutional Ethnography in the Nordic Region Oct. 11, 2019 10:33 AM
- The Geography of Rape: Shaming Narratives in Norwegian Rape Cases May 28, 2019 3:11 PM
- The Gendering of Irish and Caribbean Food/Land Crises in Children's Novels by Marita Conlon-McKenna and James Berry May 14, 2019 2:24 PM