- Bad Seeds: Children, Gender, and Violence in the British and American Novel, 1954-2003
- Epistemic injustice in academia: Class, Race and Gender in feminist knowledge production
- Gender equality, diversity and societal security
- Frozen fertility: Elective Egg Banking among Norwegian Women
- Images in exile. Gender and representation among Syrian Kurdish women in Norway
- Masculinities and gender equality
- New sexualities - new vulnerabilities?
See more research projects and research networks
Find a researcher
Search by name, field of study or research area
This years Oslo Pride theme History focuses on knowledge about the past - why do we really celebrate Pride? We celebrate queer love and diversity, but also commemorate past achievements, fights that have been fought, victories and defeats. It is a reminder that equal rights, acceptance and respect, cannot be taken for granted, and is still not reality for everyone.
Master's students at UiO were invited to apply for a scholarship from UiO:Nordic and Foreningen Norden. In particular, applications were sought for "critical examination of Nordic experiences, Nordic models or Nordic constructions, regardless of field" and "tasks that deal with collaboration between the Nordic countries and regional integration, as well as comparative analyzes". Upon the deadline, 10 exciting applications had been submitted.
The Centre for Gender Research, in collaboration with the Department of Sociology and Human Geography, offers a PhD-course led by Professor Lois McNay, exploring key topics in the social theories of Pierre Bourdieu, Michel Foucault and Axel Honneth. Registration deadline: 1. August 2019
Doctoral Research Fellow Maria Louise Hansen and Postdoctoral Fellow Kristin Engh Førde have already started, while Postdoctoral Fellow Rebecca Lund will start in August.
- The Geography of Rape: Shaming Narratives in Norwegian Rape Cases May 28, 2019 3:11 PM
- The Gendering of Irish and Caribbean Food/Land Crises in Children's Novels by Marita Conlon-McKenna and James Berry May 14, 2019 2:24 PM
- Change and Continuation: Masculinity, Driving, and Disability in the Lives of “Young Problem Drivers” in the Aftermath of Severe Road Traffic Accidents May 14, 2019 10:11 AM