- Bad Seeds: Children, Gender, and Violence in the British and American Novel, 1954-2003
- Epistemic injustice in academia: Class, Race and Gender in feminist knowledge production
- Frozen fertility: Elective Egg Banking among Norwegian Women
- Masculinities and gender equality
- New sexualities - new vulnerabilities?
Find a researcher
Search by name, field of study or research area
See also our research networks
Externally funded research projects
- Images in exile. Gender and representation among Syrian Kurdish women in Norway (MSCA-IF 2017-2019)
- Gender equality, diversity and societal security (NordForsk 2018-2021)
- Likestilling og eksellens i bærekraftig balanse? Kjønn, kjærlighet og kunnskapsbegjær i det kompetitive universitetet (NFR 2019-2022)
- Future Research- and Organizational development in Natural sciences, Technology and Theology – FRONT2 (NFR 2019-2022)
An originally Norwegian survey has been further developed by Promundo, in collaboration with, among others, Øystein Gullvåg Holter, and adapted to the global south. The survey maps violence and health issues, with emphasis on practical experience, and aims to advance gender equality and prevent violence. It is considered to have significant impact in terms of both implementation and innovation.
The Centre for Gender Research, in collaboration with the Department of Sociology and Human Geography, offers a PhD-course led by Professor Lois McNay, exploring key topics in the social theories of Pierre Bourdieu, Michel Foucault and Axel Honneth. Registration deadline: 1. August 2019
This years Oslo Pride theme History focuses on knowledge about the past - why do we really celebrate Pride? We celebrate queer love and diversity, but also commemorate past achievements, fights that have been fought, victories and defeats. It is a reminder that equal rights, acceptance and respect, cannot be taken for granted, and is still not reality for everyone.
Master's students at UiO were invited to apply for a scholarship from UiO:Nordic and Foreningen Norden. In particular, applications were sought for "critical examination of Nordic experiences, Nordic models or Nordic constructions, regardless of field" and "tasks that deal with collaboration between the Nordic countries and regional integration, as well as comparative analyzes". Upon the deadline, 10 exciting applications had been submitted.
- The Geography of Rape: Shaming Narratives in Norwegian Rape Cases May 28, 2019 3:11 PM
- The Gendering of Irish and Caribbean Food/Land Crises in Children's Novels by Marita Conlon-McKenna and James Berry May 14, 2019 2:24 PM
- Change and Continuation: Masculinity, Driving, and Disability in the Lives of “Young Problem Drivers” in the Aftermath of Severe Road Traffic Accidents May 14, 2019 10:11 AM