- Women’s movements
- Gender equality policy
- Professor (2003-) Director (2002-2005), Associate professor (2001-2002), Researcher (1998-2001) at Centre for Women's Studies and Gender Research, UiO
- Scientific director of FEMCIT: "Gendered Citizenship in Multicultural Europe: The Impact of Contemporary Women's Movements.” 2007- 2010.
- Senior researcher at the interdisciplinary research group CULCOM (Cultural Complexity in the new Norway) at UiO 2004-2010
- Programme supervisor for BA-programme ”Gender, feminism and equality.” 2005-2007
- Professor II (shared professorship) at Centre for women’s research at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim, 1999-2002
- Researcher at Lillehammer University College, Department of Policy Studies and Public Administration, since 1988. (In this period initiator of the one year basic level course Gender and Politics, and researcher at Project Alternative Future 1986-1990).
- Editor of NORA - Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research, 2016-2018
- Board member of Network for Gender Research, Stavanger University
The research project Gendered citizenship in multicultural Europe: The impact of contemporary women’s movements FEMCIT, was funded by the European Commission. FEMCIT was a large scale, multi-disciplinary, cross-national feminist research project, Beatrice was Scientific Director of the project, and led a large international, collaborative team of researchers. Beatrice is one of the editors of the Palgrave Macmillan book series Citizenship, Gender and Diversity.
As a part of the project Beatrice edited Remaking Citizenship in Multicultural Europe: Women's Movements, Gender and Diversity (with Sasha Roseneil and Sevil Sümer; Palgrave Macmillan 2012) and she published:
- Majority-Minority Relations in Contemporary Women’s Movements: Strategic Sisterhood (2012)
- Religion, Gender and Citizenship: Women of Faith, Gender Equality and Feminism (2016)